9.18.2010

Letting Go.

Loves of my life.

So the past few weekends I have felt like I have so much to get done that I am spending my time with Olivia running errands instead of actually spending time with her. I decided sometime in the last week that something had to change.

I love grocery shopping (No, I am not kidding. I love looking at all the different foods, brands, and prices) blame it on my type A, controlling personality. But I was starting to dread it - my toddler in tow, who loves balloons (why does every grocery store have a million helium balloons?!) - it could not be done quickly. I decided to give it up and pass the duty to Alex. (With lists.. detailed list).

Since then my weekends are completely transformed. Yes, there are still things I don't get done but I get to enjoy a trip to the park instead of to Ralphs, Henry's & Target before nap time. And no, I have not quit the grocery store completely but it's much easier to run in and grab a few things then have to shop 4 stores so we have everything on hand to eat that week.

Being a mom (working or staying at home) is challenging. Like everyone else I am just trying to find ways to make my life less .. chaotic (if possible) one small

No comments:

Post a Comment