11.14.2010

Ten Things

Yesterday, my amazing daughter turned 18 months old. I remember Thanksgiving 2009 like it was a few months ago, pushing around my wide eyed 6 month old while shopping, eating and getting coffee. These days doing those 3 things are not quite as easy. Here's my ten things about us (for lack of a more creative title):

1. Never underestimate the power of a mommy and daughter coffee date. Complete with a tall Starbucks cup filled with water or milk to make my 18 month old feel like the most special toddler on the planet. I get a big smile and laughs when I hand her that coveted cup, then as we sit and drink our "coffee" my little sass talks and points away.

2. My kid loves raisins, music, guitars, telephones, pictures and dogs. Do not expect to get one by her without her noticing and expecting to see/listen/talk/eat.

3. She loves green beans and pesto (not together). Occasionally she will eat mac and cheese or peanut butter and jelly but she gobbles up green beans and pasta tossed in pesto! I get worried about her nutrition but when I really take note of the things she does eat I know I have nothing to worry about. Lucky for me she does not expect a diet of cheeseburgers, fried foods, chips or sweets and even luckier for me she does not prefer it.

4. Every time I start thinking I will never wake up on my own terms again my love bug gives me that special gift and sleeps til 7:15am giving me enough time to clean up, brush my teeth and make some coffee.
Note: These mornings are rare and take place 6 or more weeks apart and are usually guaranteed to land on a morning I have to wake up at 5am to get ready for work and be out of the house before she is up.

5. They really do grow up too fast. Especially when you have an independent, fearless and sassy little girl. Sigh

6. Her laughter is music to my ears.

7. We will never leave the park clean. She absolutely loves LOVES sand and we do not frequent a park with the sand substitute (It's like soft, non-wood bark?)

8. As I write this Olivia is singing and dancing along to Sesame Street.

9. She is shopper and if allowed to walk around a clothing store will take what she can off the rack and examine it (front & back). It's hysterical and I am setting my self up for failure very soon.
Did I say she loves shoes? She is a girl after my own heart and her current favorites are pink sparkly flats, black mary janes and her "Ugg" boots.

10. I love this girl. I could not imagine a world without her in it.

1 comment:

  1. Cute steph! I can just imagine your mommy daughter coffee dates! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete