6.27.2010

Granola.

I have this amazing granola recipe (fresh off the cooking channel of course) and I realized I haven't made any in forever. It's so easy, especially since I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Great to dump in some yogurt or on some ice cream :)

* 3 cups oatmeal (I use Old Fashion)
* 1 cup slivered almonds
* 3 tbsp butter
* 2/3 cup honey
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 1/2 cup dried fruit (I buy the packages with the blend of cranberries, blueberries..)

^ Preheat 350 degrees.
^ Grease 9x13 baking dish.
^ Toss oatmeal and almonds on a baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove.
^ Reduce heat to 300 degrees.
^ In small saucepan combine butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Bring to boil.
^ Dump oatmeal mix in a mixing bowl and top with butter mixture. Combine well. Add fruit.
^ Put in baking dish, pressing down the mixture evenly.
^ Bake 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment