7.31.2009

Summer Reading.


As I am getting my Mama act together, I am finding a little bit more time for myself. (You know, after the time I find to do laundry, vacuum, and all the other cleaning.) I have managed to start and finish ONE book in July! Shame on me but most nights I find myself to exhausted to read.. most nights I find I'd rather go to bed at 8:30pm than pick up
my book.

I just finished One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell. My favorite! It was delicious, filled with lots of drama. I thought it was 10x better than Lipstick Jungle and Trading Up --> I loved those books too. So if you have the time pick it up, it's in paperback now. And makes for a lovely beach read.

I'm now on page 27 of The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Have you seen the movie preview?? I love Rachel McAdams. I think she is perfect for this part! I know I'm only on page 27 and I am absolutely certain about this. Just like when I heard Kristen Stewert was going to be Bella in Twilight. I was absolutely certain she would be awful. (I still think it should have been someone like Alexis Bledel!) I am thrilled that Dakota Fanning got cast as Jane.. I'm getting carried away here.
Back to the book.. After seeing the preview I just knew this would be my next summer read. And I'm loving it. If you're looking for something to read I recommend these, girly but the writing is smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment